Secret Dubai diary Intrigue and adventure in the United Arab Emirates





iPhone RPGs

Dubai Info

Best role-playing games
Spiderweb Software
for Mac & PC





08 December, 2005

The radiant, bearded man

Heist by hypnosis - the cunning modus operandi of a Dubai conman. The first victim, an Indian man, was leaving the office when a mysterious elderly gent walked in:

"The very first thing I noticed was that his bearded face had a sort of radiance,” said Yousef.

After successfully divining that Yousef's wife was pregnant, the crafty old wizard got him to pick up a stone and close it in his palm:

When Yousef opened his hand he said he was stunned to see the stone had turned into a red gem. “For sometime I could not speak to him. I just listened. That was when he asked me for some money."

Farewell to Dh100 from Yousuf's wallet. Farewell to his mobile phone. The wicked warlock next approached the unwary Santosh, and repeated his "red stone" trick:

“I had almost entered into a state of trance. My surroundings had disappeared. I was ready to do anything he wanted me to,” said Santosh who gave away his wallet, gold bracelet and the mobile phone.

This terrific old trickster would be superb for spicing up Christmas parties. If anyone has his number, pass it this way - he'd be wasted in Al Wathba.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! This is the first time that I happen to be first to post a comment here. Sweet! :D

08 December, 2005 09:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and a good comment it is too

08 December, 2005 10:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful comments above!

maybe we need to frame both !

:)

08 December, 2005 12:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the level of comment to date is so inpsiring how can a mere mortal aspire to match such scribal wonderments... :)

08 December, 2005 13:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best comment I've read for long, long time.

I feel humbled in your comment producing excellence.

08 December, 2005 13:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the comments so far take one's breath away.... so vibrant, meaningful and above all eloquent

:)

08 December, 2005 14:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh?? .. what's going on with all these comments ?

Anyway, My first reaction when I read the story was " aww man !! .. how stupid !!" .. I mean seriously!! ... how could those two men be so gullible.??

methinks, me smell a fish ( probably a hammour!!)

08 December, 2005 15:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

indeed...Emirati seems to be off the radar

08 December, 2005 16:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful.

We just need few more people who would post such comments for the UAE to be such a great country.

it might be voted 'country with most...'

08 December, 2005 17:30  
Blogger Emirati said...

Slagothor, I disagree with your use of the term annoyed. I find it very rude to say that I am at fault when people hate me because of what I post.

08 December, 2005 18:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey heard that they blocked another blog!

08 December, 2005 20:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that the powers to be are so insecure and lack any confidence in themselves that they would take offence to constructive criticism. Banning sites is no different to burning books. I suspect the person who made the decision to take down sorry dubai was a jobs worth pen pusher not someone who is leading the development of an ambitious, dynamic and successful nation. If there is such a concern that the nations repuation will be harmed through criticism and exposure then what's next? Ban satelitte TV, newspapers? A decision needs to be made- either champion free speech, creativity and debate and go back to fostering 1984 style censorship and be forever consigned to first world infrastracture and third world thinking.

08 December, 2005 21:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear Emirati , where have u been ? we love u post and just wondering where is the new website for u blog ? pl reply ......

09 December, 2005 17:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home



next issue is no. 12




Google Secret Dubai
iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
 Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger




StatCounter stats