Secret Dubai diary Intrigue and adventure in the United Arab Emirates





iPhone RPGs

Dubai Info

Best role-playing games
Spiderweb Software
for Mac & PC





06 March, 2006

Parkinsons pocket pervert

A very funny letter in 7Days on the problem of beach perverts. Interestingly, this didn't happen on the "Russian" beach, but down south:

"I’ve had an interesting few last visits to the beach, near the Hilton. Last visit there was a man who seemed to have a severe case of Parkinsons (please I mean this in nicest way as I can’t really say in this column what he was doing) going on in his right trouser pocket.

"This problem seemed to get worse whenever a woman in a bikini walked past. When I looked at him to let him I knew what he was doing, he just didn’t care, he kept on going. What is the right thing to do about this?"


"Disgruntled" wants to know where to go to avoid this kind of situation. Sadly, probably only the Ladies' Club beach.

In other news: well deserved medals for forty police officers from three different emirates who safely rescued a young girl from her kidnappers. A reminder of why cooperation remains so important.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Destitute Rebel said...

Finally- the first to comment... hey what comments should go here.. I dont know. Beat you to the first comment balushi!!

06 March, 2006 02:16  
Blogger moryarti said...

A camera phone would've been handy

06 March, 2006 05:12  
Blogger Farrukh Naeem said...

A blogathon is being organised on 7 March against street harassment like this, SD.

Bloggers who feel strongly about such public perversion can join hands and blog about this. More info is here:

The Blank Noise Project

It would be great if you could post about it in your blog. Although this effort is rooted in India, I believe such a project is also needed in the UAE.

06 March, 2006 15:24  
Blogger Destitute Rebel said...

@ Unjane, The point is to see what balushi says, its good entertainment.

@balushi Nice to see you take up a challenge

06 March, 2006 15:51  
Blogger Keef said...

Ooh, I love your 'reader recommendations'. Very tasteful.

06 March, 2006 23:58  
Blogger secretdubai said...

Ooh, I love your 'reader recommendations'. Very tasteful.

Such high praise just makes it all worthwhile - I felt I had to share it.

I expect there will be plenty of equally supportive recommendations to come ;)

07 March, 2006 00:14  
Blogger secretdubai said...

it's as if it has slowed down the site a bit

You mean technically, as in slower loading times or figuratively, as in less comments?

If the former, I'm not sure it's the quotes, if anything it is the long list of Neocounter country flags on the right. I might have to remove/adjust that somehow.

If the latter, that may be because I disabled anon comments. Some people have clearly signed up for Blogger names, but of course not all.

07 March, 2006 00:53  
Blogger nzm said...

You can set the Neocounter to only report the Top 20 countries - that may make it faster.

Worth a shot.

07 March, 2006 01:43  
Blogger secretdubai said...

You can set the Neocounter to only report the Top 20 countries - that may make it faster.


Done! Should you be curious about my Senegal or Liberia visitors stats, just email me ;)

07 March, 2006 02:09  
Blogger secretdubai said...

Dammit - I tried setting it to 20 - it doesn't work (I save, but nothing changes).

I also tried removing the flags, same problem.

07 March, 2006 02:13  
Blogger BreastImplants said...

I can relate.
And I wasn't even on the beach, just sitting at the bus stop in Karama (yes, I use the public transport and I'm proud of it).

And this man comes over and sits on the far end of the bench and fiddles around in his trousers.

I was reading a book and I looked up and told him if he doesn't leave, I was going to pull it right off. And stomp on it.

He took one look at my long nails and scurried off.
And that was the end of it.

Hey secretdubai, it's good to see you're still going strong.

I've been advertising your blog to everyone I know :D

08 March, 2006 04:05  
Blogger kingfisher said...

Why didn't the lassy in question just call hotel security, or pick up her mobile (no pockets in the bikini? someone in Dubai always has a phone - you could borrow one) and call the police...

24 March, 2006 12:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home



next issue is no. 12




Google Secret Dubai
iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
 Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger




StatCounter stats