Secret Dubai diary Intrigue and adventure in the United Arab Emirates





iPhone RPGs

Dubai Info

Best role-playing games
Spiderweb Software
for Mac & PC





12 June, 2005

Wannabe bigamist thwarted

A pang of sympathy for cretin-of-the-week Mahesh, thwarted in his plans to take a second wife by proxy, despite what was doubtless first rate legal advice from his workmates at the labour camp:

"He told us he got the idea from friends in his labour accommodation. He was basically misguided," said an official.

Mahesh was so misguided he seemed to have no clue that being Hindu rather than Muslim, one doesn't get to bigamise. And so cretinous that he claimed to be a bachelor, even though his passport had his wife's name on it.

But far more pity must go to Mahesh's unnamed wife, whose role in this world appears to be nothing more than an unpaid housekeeper:

"I am tired of being alone and want to get married again. If my wife comes here who will look after my parents? My brother is not married and I do not have any sisters," Mahesh told Gulf News.

On whether he had shared his plan with his wife, he said: "She does not want to divorce me. Frankly, I had no clue it was going to be this difficult to get a second wife. I do not have any complaints about my current wife. I just want to get married again."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wife = housekeeper

What a sad world is this?

06 August, 2005 04:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home



next issue is no. 12




Google Secret Dubai
iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
 Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger




StatCounter stats