Secret Dubai diary Intrigue and adventure in the United Arab Emirates





iPhone RPGs

Dubai Info

Best role-playing games
Spiderweb Software
for Mac & PC





16 September, 2006

Joyous tidings

Some fantastic news - with the Federal National Council moving towards democracy, Dubai Police Chief Dahi Khalfan Tamim has announced he would like to enter as a speaker:

"I am not looking to be just a member of the FNC … My ambition is to be the speaker of the FNC. I am planning to establish a new system in the FNC. I am convinced that the FNC at the moment is in need of people who have a new way of thinking. I believe I am the only suitable person who can bring changes and development to the FNC."

Lt Gen Tamim is the heroic gentleman who has led the courageous mission against the indecent music videos that pollute the airwaves of the sandlands. Joining the FNC would certainly be a superb boost to his cause, and help safeguard juvenile welfare across the UAE.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger grapeshisha said...

For single handedly pushing forward the blocking of legitimate websites that halt Dubai's growth in the tech landscape, I commend this great man.

16 September, 2006 12:51  
Blogger 1234dsfs said...

Lt Gen Tamim is the heroic gentleman who has led the courageous mission against the indecent music videos that pollute the airwaves of the sandlands.

Dhahi Khalfan Tamim is one of the most popular personalities in the UAE among the locals. His popularity isn't just due to his mission against the indecent music videos. He is more popular for his campaign against drugs and the complete overhaul of Dubai Police into a modern force.

A great personality. I salute him.

16 September, 2006 13:11  
Blogger marwan said...

'Special' is not the word, DG.

Here here. I am so in agreement in with you, DG, with regard to the awesome heroics of Tamim that I won't say - or hear - a word against him. Because the deportation stamp takes only one hand movement.

16 September, 2006 14:36  
Blogger Woke said...

"..I am the only suitable person who can bring changes and development to the FNC"
doesn't sound very humble, DG.

16 September, 2006 15:55  
Blogger Emirati said...

'I am the only person who can bring changes to the FNC'

what utter nerve.

16 September, 2006 16:23  
Blogger secretdubai said...

emirati and skeptical - I agree wholeheartedly and reservedly with the comments you made, but I couldn't publish them because *you know*.

Moderation is on solely because of this post. I will remove it in a couple of days, so I guess you can go for broke then, but I will have to remove anything that defames this wonderful, heroic, progressively brilliant gentleman.

;)

16 September, 2006 18:47  
Blogger Emirati said...

What a bunch of North Korea pinnochios . I apologize for some of my countrymen.

16 September, 2006 22:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home



next issue is no. 12




Google Secret Dubai
iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
 Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger




StatCounter stats