Secret Dubai diary Intrigue and adventure in the United Arab Emirates





iPhone RPGs

Dubai Info

Best role-playing games
Spiderweb Software
for Mac & PC





29 October, 2006

Manic Sunday

Five o'clock already
And the mosques are all beginning to wail
I was kissing Valentino
And they caught me and they threw me in jail

But I can't be late
Because I gotta drive Al Shittihad Road
These are the days
When you wish it all would go and explode

It's just another manic Sunday
Wish it were Friday
'Cause that's my dead day
My don't-get-out-of-bed day
It's just another manic Sunday

Have to cross the bridge again
Gotta be at work by eight
And if I had a sheikhmobile
I'd still be three hours late

'Cause the Sunny in front
Can't go faster than two miles an hour
And the roads are all blocked
Where they're building yet another bloody tower

It's just another manic Sunday
Wish it were Friday
'Cause that's my brunch day
My all-I-do-is-lunch day
It's just another manic Sunday

All of the time
Why do they seem to want to drive us out
Of this town?
Nobody cares
That the rents are up
And the pay is down

They tell us when we start to moan:
"If you don't like it, you can go home"
Time it goes so slow
When you're stuck in traffic...

It's just another manic Sunday

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger marwan said...

Feckin' bwilliant.

Did you know Prince wrote Manic Monday as a come-on to Susanna Hoffs?

29 October, 2006 03:49  
Blogger Tim Newman said...

Brilliant!

29 October, 2006 04:52  
Blogger Tim Newman said...

Did you know Prince wrote Manic Monday as a come-on to Susanna Hoffs?

I didn't even know Prince wrote it. :-/

29 October, 2006 04:55  
Blogger rosh said...

Nice!

29 October, 2006 05:47  
Blogger Grumpy Goat said...

Aha! Do I detect some Bangles? Didn't know who wrote it thought. Education by blog.

29 October, 2006 09:29  
Blogger secretdubai said...

I didn't know that either! It's a great karaoke song.

29 October, 2006 10:00  
Blogger Sex and Dubai said...

lol@kissing valentino and going to jail for it! Hey atleast ure channelling your traffic frustrations into something melodious, now if only everyone else could follow the lead!

29 October, 2006 10:13  
Blogger secretdubai said...

Education by blog.

Yep. It's a place of exceedingly high culture and learning here ;)

29 October, 2006 10:17  
Blogger Samawel said...

Nicely written.

But, what if you're one of us locals complaining about these very same things. Kissing Valentino and getting thrown in jail for it, or trying to survive the traffic next to those bloody towers, and the high rents? (I'm talking about those average Aboods, not those defecating gold.) What do people like us do?

29 October, 2006 11:01  
Blogger Dino$ said...

lol oh the traffic... btw i drive a sunn but i doubt i was the one slowing the traffic... unless if i took a nap while drove :)

i wish it was friday tooo!! nicely written

29 October, 2006 13:23  
Blogger Grumpy Goat said...

Bangles fans: Will this do?

(Sorry about the shameless cross-post...)

29 October, 2006 13:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Give us some more!!

29 October, 2006 14:28  
Blogger SIN said...

LOL..Can't get the bloody song outta my head now :)

29 October, 2006 15:00  
Blogger Radha said...

Hahaha! I like this the best :
"...And if I had a sheikhmobile, I'd still be three hours late...'

29 October, 2006 16:16  
Blogger bizzwhizz said...

so reminds me of Garfield on a Monday

29 October, 2006 17:31  
Blogger Kiwi Boy said...

Well done, SD! Another great piece :)

29 October, 2006 18:25  
Blogger Abha Malpani said...

Hahah genial!

29 October, 2006 23:26  
Blogger al-republican said...

More than SD's poem, I liked the idea of "Drive like an Egyptian"! Hahahaha!!

THAT is brilliant!

30 October, 2006 11:20  
Blogger LocalExpat said...

Just started a new blog I think people will enjoy it. Have a look and tell me what you think

http://localexpatriate.blogspot.com/

31 October, 2006 16:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a f***D up poem.....

24 February, 2008 10:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home



next issue is no. 12




Google Secret Dubai
iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
 Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger




StatCounter stats